Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 10 - Going home...

Saturday 10 Oct 2009

Out the door of the condo 12:30am EST...

Short metro ride to the train station. Train leave 1:21am EST...

Got to BCN around 2am EST with a million over people who know apparently just got done with a cruise. Ya!

Flight from BCN to ATL is packed. Flight leaves 4am EST and lands at 2:30pm EST (10:30 hours).

After clearing customs and rechecking my bag in for my flight to IAD I realize that Delta has "unscheduled" my original flight. So my 4:50pm flight no longer exists. I'm now scheduled for the 5:50pm flight. Excellent!

After missing the 2:51pm flight to IAD by 10 minutes. I ran to the next concourse to see if I could get on the flight going to Reagan. After short discussion with the guy at the gate, he let me on with no charge and I got an exit row. Only problem is that my luggage is still going to IAD. No big deal.

Total travel time (door to door): 18 hours!

Home... Shower... Dinner... Pickup luggage from IAD... Pass out during the Florida vs LSU game.

Spain.............. DONE!

(Next posts will be some of my obversations about our trip)

No comments:

Post a Comment